- European markets set for lower opening.
- Housing market data from Canada and the United States.
- IBM, Lockheed and Netflix to report earnings after session close.
Futures markets point to a lower opening of the first post-Easter session in Europe. However, European investors returning to the markets following a long weekend will not be offered any major releases – the economic calendar for the European morning is empty. Some housing market data from Canada and the United States will be released in the early afternoon but those releases seldom move the markets. Among top Wall Street earnings reports today one can find financials from Lockheed Martin, IBM and Netflix.
1:00 pm BST – Poland, core CPI inflation for March. Expected: 6.9% YoY. Previous: 6.7% YoY
1:15 pm BST – Canada, housing starts for March. Expected: 249.0k. Previous: 247.3k
1:30 pm BST – US, housing market data for March.
- Housing starts. Expected: 1750k. Previous: 1769k
- Building permits. Expected: 1830k. Previous: 1865k
9:40 pm BST – API report on oil inventories. Expected: +2.5 mb. Previous: +7.76 mb
Central bankers’ speeches
- 5:05 pm BST – Fed Evans
- 5:30 pm BST – SNB Chairman Jordan
Wall Street earnings reports
- IBM (IBM.US) – after market close
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.US) – before market open
- Lockheed Martin (LMT.US) – before market open
- Netflix (NFX.US) – after market close
- Travelers (TRV.US) – before market open