- Futures point to higher opening of European session.
- Canadian CPI inflation, 3 Fed speakers.
- Tesla earnings after Wall Street session close.
Futures markets point to a slightly higher opening of the European cash session today, following a solid performance of US equities yesterday. DAX futures trade around 50 points above yesterday’s cash close. Sentiment deteriorated somewhat overnight as Netflix earnings triggered a massive share price plunge in the after-hours trading.
Economic calendar for today includes a few interesting releases. CAD may become more active in the afternoon during release of Canadian CPI data (1:30 pm BST) while oil may see some moves following release of DOE report (3:30 pm BST). Speeches by 3 Fed members are scheduled for the afternoon as well. Last but not least, investors will be offered an earnings report from Tesla after the close of the Wall Street session.
10:00 am BST – Euro area, industrial production for February. Expected: 0.8% MoM. Previous: 0.0% MoM.
1:30 pm BST – Canada, CPI inflation for March. Expected: 6.1% YoY. Previous: 5.7% YoY.
3:00 pm BST – US, existing home sales for March. Expected: 5.80 m. Previous: 60.2 m.
3:30 pm BST – DOE report on US oil inventories.
- Oil inventories. Expected: +2.5 mb (API: -4.5 mb).
- Gasoline inventories. Expected: -1.0 mb.
- Distillate inventories. Expected: -0.95 mb.
Central bankers’ speeches
- 3:30 pm BST – Fed Evans.
- 4:25 pm BST – Fed Daly.
- 6:00 pm BST – Fed Bostic.
Wall Street earnings releases
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT.US) – before market open.
- Anthem (ANTM.US) – before market open.
- Procter & Gamble (PG.US) – before market open.
- Tesla (TSLA.US) – after market close.
- United Airlines Holdings (UAL.US) – after market close.