Futures markets point to a lower opening of the European cash session, following a downbeat Asian session as tightening lockdown in Shanghai and boosted fears about global economic growth and possible recession.
Economic calendar for the day ahead is quite empty. Investors will be offered Sentix index from the Euro area in the morning and data on wholesale inventories from the United States in the afternoon. However, the remaining part of the week looks really interesting as investors await fresh inflation data from the US and China and watch the course of bond yields. Also, speeches from Fed officials, US consumer sentiment, UK’s March GDP data and eurozone industrial production data will be closely watched.
9:30 am BST – Euro area, Sentix index for May. Expected: -20.8. Previous: -18.0
3:00 pm BST – US, wholesale inventories for March. Expected: 2.3% MoM. Previous: 2.3% MoM
Central bankers speeches:
- 01:45 pm BST – Fed Bostic
- 2:00 pm BST – BoE Saunders
Wall Street earnings releases:
- AMC Entertainment (AMC.US) – after market close
- BioNtech (BNTX.US) – before market open
- Coty (COTY.US) – before market open
- Novavax (NVAX.US) – after market close
- Palantir(PLTR.US) – before market open
- Simon Property Group (SPG.US) – after market close
- Tyson Foods (TSN.US) – before market open
- Zynga Inc (ZNGA.US) – after market close