May 11, 2022
Today’s Economic Calendar
- European indices set to open slightly higher
- US CPI report in the spotlight
- Beyond Meat and Walt Disney to report Q1 earnings
European stock market indices are set for a slightly higher opening of today’s cash session. DAX futures currently trade around 50 points above yesterday’s cash close. Trading is expected to be rather calm throughout the European morning as the economic calendar is empty. However, things get more interesting in the afternoon with the US CPI report for April. Market expects deceleration in headline and core gauges. However, should price growth accelerate, case for even more hawkish Fed will be reinforced and it may have a negative impact on equities.
1:30 pm BST – US, CPI inflation for April.
- Headline. Expected: 8.1% YoY. Previous: 8.5% YoY
- Core. Expected: 6.0% YoY. Previous: 6.5% YoY
3:30 pm BST – DOE report on oil inventories.
- Oil inventories. Expected: -1.3 mb (API: +1.62 mb)
- Gasoline inventories. Expected: -1.8 mb (API: +0.82 mb)
- Distillate inventories. Expected: -1.1 mb (API: +0.66 mb)
Central bankers’ speeches
- 5:00 pm BST – Fed Bostic
Top Wall Street earnings
- Beyond Meat (BYND.US) – after market close
- Rivian Automotive (RIVN.US) – after market close
- Walt Disney (DIS.US) – after market close
Leave A Comment