Today’s Economic Calendar
- European markets set to open higher
- US durable goods orders data for March, API report
- Earnings reports from Alphabet and Microsoft
Futures markets point to a much higher opening of the European stock market session for major indices from the Old Continent. DAX futures trade almost 200 points above yesterday’s cash close while Euro Stoxx futures advance 1.5%. Global equities managed to catch a breath as the rally in US yields took a pause. The People’s Bank of China also vowed to provide more support for the economy, providing a boost for Asian equities.
Economic calendar for today holds a few interesting releases, mostly from the United States. Investors will be offered durable goods orders report for March as well as CB confidence index for April. API report in the evening may provide some short-term volatility on the oil market. While economic calendar for today may lack top-tier releases, some top-tier Q1 earnings report will be publish today, including financials from Alphabet and Microsoft.
9:00 am BST – Poland, unemployment rate for March. Expected: 5.4%. Previous: 5.5%
1:30 pm BST – US, durable goods orders for March.
- Headline. Expected: 1.0% MoM. Previous: -2.1% MoM
- Ex-transportation. Expected: 0.6% MoM. Previous: -0.6% MoM
3:00 pm BST – US, new home sales for March. Expected: 765k. Previous: 772k
3:00 pm BST – US, Conference Board confidence index for April. Expected: 108.0. Previous: 107.2
9:40 pm BST – API report on oil inventories. Expected: -1.1 mb. Previous: -4.5 mb
Top Wall Street earnings
- 3M (MMM.US) – before market open
- Alphabet (GOOGL.US) – after market close
- General Electric (GE.US) – before market open
- General Motors (GM.US) – after market close
- Microsoft (MSFT.US) – after market close
- PepsiCo (PEP.US) – before market open
- Raytheon Technologies (RTX.US) – before market open
- United Parcel Services (UPS.US) – before market open
- Visa (V.US) – after market close
Leave A Comment